Growing Up!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Blue Light Special

Forgetting something while being an officer is usually a public affair. I remember completing a traffic stop during the middle of the day and then driving off once the car I stopped was gone. As I was driving, at traffic speed, I noticed cars ahead of me pulling over. I noticed cars coming toward me also pulling over. For some reason I didn't think of the most obvious reason for their behavior. The further I drove, the more everyone was taking to the sides. My first thought was maybe an ambulance was coming up behind me. Of course I check my rearview mirror but nothing was there. After going a few miles at 45 mph and watching people pulling over left and right, I finally realized that I had left my overhead blue lights on. You can't tell during the daytime because there's no reflection coming back to me. In my defense, the little indicator light on the switch had blown and I didn't notice that I had left them on. I looked like a real genius driving by people at normal speed and looking back at them thinking "you people are crazy". I wonder if any of those who pulled over were one of the men that saw me cluck at the chickens several years back? Now that would be funny.

2 comments:

4mcknatt's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
4mcknatt's said...

Be sure that you ask Len about my encounter with the police. After hearing what I did, you will never feel stupid again!